Market Report: Taking Stock
Since hitting a 126.5p low the shares have motored to reach a 187.5p peak, up 8.5p. BA and Avis already have links, including a five-year Heathrow deal.
Benson Crisps hardened 4p to 38.5p as it turned down a possible 40p a share offer, almost certainly from 17 per cent shareholder Knox D'Arcy.
The board, it would appear, wants at least 55p a share. Sudden departure of Malcolm Jones as chief executive increases speculation corporate action will engulf the crisp and snack group. Meantime profits jumped 26 per cent to pounds 2.6m.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...