Murdoch in Italian pay-TV deal
Monday 14 December 1998
Telecom's managing director, Franco Bernabe, is expected to unveil the deal to the board tomorrow and immediately afterwards to shareholders at a meeting in Turin. News Corp Europe, a unit of Murdoch's News Corp empire, would take 70 per cent of Telecom's loss-making television unit Stream, the vehicle for the new digital satellite venture. Telecom would have 20 per cent. Industry sources said Mr Murdoch is prepared to offer $500m a year for the digital rights for all 38 Serie A and Serie B soccer clubs for five years from next season
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Jennifer Lawrence: 'It should be illegal to call someone fat on TV'
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Paul Walker death caused by speed alone
DNA from a 50,000 year old toe shows Neanderthals were highly inbred
Devyani Khobragade: India-US row escalates over arrest of diplomat in New York
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £650 per day: Harrington Starr: Harrington Starr is working with a Glob...
£27000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Consultant (Excel, Financial Spread...
£500 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: .NET Quantitative Developer - Contract ...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (UNIX, Linux,...