Bonus row: Deutsche Bank bankers cash in despite loses
Deutsche Bank’s top bankers saw their total pay rise by nearly 40 per cent despite a brutal fourth-quarter profit warning.
Deutsche revealed today that it had paid its 10-member management board €40 million (£32 million) in 2013, up from €28 million the previous year.
The bumper awards included €9 million to co-chief executive Anshu Jain, a rise of nearly 50 per cent. The awards came despite a final quarter in which the bank lost €1.2 billion as legal and restructuring costs, as well as poor trading, wrecked its numbers.
Another €400 million of hits was taken in February.
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...