BP is told to cover Halliburton over oil spill costs
Thursday 02 February 2012
BP has suffered a further blow in its bid to share the billions of dollars of costs arising from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
A US judge ruled it must cover all compensatory damages claims relating to the role played by Halliburton, the group responsible for the cement casing of the failed Macondo well.
The ruling followed a similar decision by the same judge last week in relation to Transocean, the drilling contractor in the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion. However, in both cases, Judge Carl Barbier ruled BP's partners would still be liable for any damages and civil penalties arising under the Clean Water Act, which could be billions of dollars.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...