BP sells gas assets for $1.2bn to help pay for spill
Wednesday 29 February 2012
BP is selling its interests in the Hugoton natural gas field in Kansas and its associated processing plant to America's Linn Energy for $1.2bn (£757m) in cash.
The sale is part of an asset sales programme as BP looks to reshape its business and raise billions of dollars in cash to fund compensation claims arising from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Bob Dudley, BP's chief executive, said: "We are reshaping BP's business around the world. The sale of these mature assets will allow us to concentrate our efforts on our strong core positions in the US and globally."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: Two dead and 100,000 homes without power as 100mph storm batters Scotland – now biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...