Capita in £128.5m spending spree
Friday 24 December 2010
The outsourcing group Capita unveiled a £128.5m spending spree yesterday, buying up a business travel company, and a supplier of ICT and communications systems.
The FTSE 100-listed group spent £42.5m on BSI Holdings, which counts the high-street chain Marks & Spencer, the budget airline Easyjet and the Crown Prosecution Service among its clients. Adding BSI will more than double Capita's existing activities in the business travel market.
Separately, the outsourcer said it was buying SunGard Public Sector Holdings, which supplies radio network services and other technology to the emergency services, for £86m. SunGard also supplies to central and local government, and has 900 employees.
- 1 Enrique Iglesias injured trying to catch a drone mid concert
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, reveals new look on Annie Leibovitz shot Vanity Fair cover
- 3 Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
- 4 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 5 UK weather: Temperatures set to soar making parts of Britain hotter than parts of the Mediterranean
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
iJobs Money & Business
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They win lots of awards for the...
£13500 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This nationwide enforcement com...
£25 - £30K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a highly-motivated and ambitious Comm...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pricing Analyst to join a leading e-...