Diageo sales to top £10bn
Guinness stout-to-Veuve Clicquot champagne producer Diageo will
announce that revenue has broken the £10bn mark in its annual
results this week.
Last year, Diageo fell just short of £10bn, but with rapid growth in emerging markets and Americans enjoying its spirits, sales growth will be around 8 per cent. Operating profit before exceptional, one-off costs, should be more than £3.1bn against nearly £2.3bn last year.
Analysts at Oriel Securities argued that the group's strength in countries that are already drowning in beer, tequila and whisky is impressive. In a note, Oriel said: "This ability to grow the core business in mature markets, where margins are predictably strong and currencies typically more stable, remains a salient attraction [to buy Diageo stock]."
Also reporting next week is commodities giant Glencore. Investors and analysts will be hoping for an update on its proposed megamerger with mining group Xstrata.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...