Dr Martens rebuffed bids
The boot maker Dr Martens has said it abandoned plans to sell the business recently for up to £200m after bids received from private-equity firms failed to match its valuation.
Its owners, the Griggs family, and other shareholders put the British brand up for sale earlier this year by hiring advisers at Rothschild but canned the process last month. It is understood that Electra Partners, Pamplona Capital and Warburg Pincus had submitted final-round bids for Dr Martens.
In its annual report, the company said: "Difficult economic conditions resulted in offers that were not considered to be a fair reflection of the value of the brand." Dr Martens, which sells shoes and clothing, grew pre-tax profits by 17 per cent to £17.9m over the year to 31 March.
World news in pictures
Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
Plenty of Fish dating site founder pulls 'Intimate Encounters' option to ward off sleazy men
Oklahoma tornado latest: Obama pledges support for 'as long as it takes' to rebuild the suburb of Moore
Video emerges of Pope Francis reportedly performing an exorcism
- 1 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 2 Swedes set up 'ultimate Viking movie'
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...