EU quotas on cards if boards don't recruit women
Sunday 17 July 2011
Viviane Reding the EU's gender equality commissioner, warned last week that Europe will suffer if it does not promote more women to top positions because of a shortage of talent across an ageing continent.
Mrs Reding said she will decide next March whether to introduce board quotas after watching if they make enough progress in the next few months. Speaking to The IoS, Mrs Reding made the claim following the pledge signed by Chantal Gaemperle an LVMH board director, to significantly increase women in the luxury goods company. Mrs Reding wants to boost female boardroom positions to 40 per cent by 2020.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...