Fidessa finds bright spots in a tough market
Tuesday 01 May 2012
Fidessa, which creates and operates trading software for City firms, warned investors yesterday that growth would be slower than last year as conditions would "remain difficult for some time".
The group has managed to increase sales thanks to larger corporate customers, but smaller clients are feeling the pressure and Fidessa expects "more of these firms will consolidate or leave the market during the year".
The group said there should still be "good opportunities for growth" in the derivatives market and by increasing its presence with bigger corporates.
Fidessa recently won Citigroup as a client as the US giant looks to builds its derivatives trading platform.
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Nigella Lawson arrives for second day in court after accusing Charles Saatchi of threatening to 'destroy' her with drug claims
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Associate Dire...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with a strong understanding o...
£50000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Whilst the Real Estate sector was suffering thi...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: The role will suit a fund product specialist, current...