Financial sector could lift GDP 3% if allowed to flourish – report
As many as 265,000 more jobs could be created by the financial services sector by 2020, a study claims today.
GDP could also rise 2 to 3 per cent, according to the accountancy giant PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), although only if regulators allow the sector to flourish.
As well as 218,000 jobs in the wider economy, 47,000 more jobs in the sector itself could be created by 2020 if economic conditions are beneficial and there is a regulatory regime that is “robust … [and] facilitates financial services sector growth”, economists from PwC said.
London would see nearly 133,000 jobs created.
if a weaker economy combines with a less supportive regulatory regime, only 12,000 jobs could be created and the GDP boost could be a mere 0.2 per cent.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...