Flotation flyer for Pandora
Thursday 16 June 2011
Pandora, the internet radio company with 90 million subscribers, soared in value on its debut on the New York Stock Exchange yesterday, following in the footsteps of LinkedIn and Yandex to become the latest soaraway dot.com flotation.
The loss-making company and its founders sold $235m (£145.2m) of shares, pricing the offering above the top of the indicated range – which had already been raised to reflect large demand.
The stock enjoyed a further pop on its opening, trading at one point 25 per cent above the $16 float price.
Pandora selects songs for listeners based on an algorithm it calls the Music Genome Project, and makes revenues from advertising or subscription fees by users who do not want ads.
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...