Flybe buys into Finnish carrier

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Flybe pressed ahead with expansion plans yesterday as it entered into a joint venture to buy a Finnish airline for €25m (£23m).

It is to buy Finnish Commuter Airlines in partnership with Finland's flag carrier Finnair.

Flybe will take a 60 per cent stake in the joint venture, to be known as Flybe Nordic, while Finnair will hold the remaining 40 per cent stake.