FSA fines broker
Friday 18 November 2011
The Financial Services Authority has slapped a fine of £195,117 on a broker for insurance fraud and banned him from the finance industry.
John Folan, a director and adviser at the Essex group Key Mortgage Associates, submitted 54 applications for life assurance and protection policies in his name and those of his family members.
Tom Spender, head of retail enforcement at the City watchdog, said Mr Folan "lacks honesty and integrity".
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.