Glaxo thinks big with joint Japanese vaccines venture
GlaxoSmithKline, Britain's biggest drug maker, yesterday set out plans for a joint venture with Tokyo-based Daiichi Sankyo that will make it the largest vaccines company in Japan.
The 50-50 venture between Glaxo and Daiichi, which is the third-biggest pharmaceuticals company in Japan, will see new vaccines entering the Japanese market, which is known for its slow acceptance of drugs.
The business, to be called Japan Vaccine Co, will sell Glaxo and Daiichi Sankyo existing vaccines, including GSK's cervical cancer jab Cervarix, Daiichi's seasonal flu vaccine, and a mumps, measles and rubella vaccine, with the aim of expanding as new jabs in the drug makers' pipelines receive approval from regulators.
The companies are investing ¥100m (£774,000) to cover the start-up costs of the business.
Christophe Weber, the headof vaccines at Glaxo, said: "This collaboration marks another step in our strategy to build our presence in key growth markets."
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider of web based m...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Secretary (Sales Team Support) - Mat...
Competitive (DOE): Guru Careers: We are looking for an Assistant Management Ac...
£600 - £700 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Investment Accounting Change...