Hermès fashions a margins record
Selling bull-calfskin leather handbags and expensive silk scarves has never been so profitable.
The French luxury brand Hermès has reported forecast-beating results for the final quarter of last year, and said its operating margin is expected to be slightly above its all-time high of 31.2 per cent achieved in 2011, putting the group at its most profitable.
The Paris-based fashion house, which is famous for its £10,000 Birkin and Kelly handbags, recorded revenues of €3.48bn (£2.9bn) for 2012, a rise of 22.6 per cent. Sales for the fourth quarter came in at €1.04bn, with sales growth at 18.5 per cent, boosted by demand in China.
Meanwhile, one of the less expensive luxury brands, the French handbag maker Longchamp, reported sales for 2012 of €454m, up 16 per cent on the previous year.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...