IPO market bounces back
Thursday 30 December 2010
The amount of money raised in UK initial public offerings this year is 500 per cent up on 2009, with investors pumping £10.1bn into 89 companies listing on the London Stock Exchange's main market or on the Alternative Investment Market.
While many of the flotations have subsequently disappointed investors who backed them, the figures, published by the LSE yesterday, nevertheless represent a remarkable turnaround on the previous year.
In 2009, just 22 companies were able to raise money with IPOs totalling only £1.5bn. Tracey Pierce, the director of equity primary markets at the LSE, said: "2010 injected some very positive signs of life into the new-issues market, including a number of major wins for London."
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...