Iraq to sue Genel Energy over exports
Baghdad is preparing to sue Genel Energy, the oil company run by the former BP chief executive Tony Hayward, for "illegally" exporting some of the oil it produced in the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan.
Last week the Kurdistan regional government gave Genel permission to truck oil exports directly to Turkey, which it did, making it the first company to export oil directly from the region. Kurdistan's oil exports have traditionally gone through Baghdad.
But Iraq's oil minister, Abdul Kareem Luaibi, has retaliated, saying that Baghdad intends to sue Genel for the exports. Genel Energy was created in 2011 when Turkey's Genel was reversed into a cash shell put together by Nat Rothschild.
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Market Research Executive...