Lloyd's drive nets £240,000
Friday 12 November 2010
Lloyd's of London staff held their annual Rembrance Day service in the Underwriting Room of the Lloyd's Building in the City of London yesterday. The ceremony, in which the two-minute silence is marked by the ringing of the Lutine Bell, is organised by the Lloyd's branch of the Royal British Legion, which raised a record £240,000 for the London Poppy Appeal this year.
At its annual fundraising day last week, volunteers, accompanied by servicemen and women, collected more than £34,000 at Canary Wharf while a lunchtime collection at Leadenhall Market brought in £7,400. The Lloyd's branch, the last trade branch of the Legion, raised a £60,000 last year.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Orgtel are seeking Graduate Trainee Re...
£45000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: ** HR Business Partner - Senior H...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: PA / Team Secretary - Mat...