Lloyds to review closure of C&G branch network
Thursday 20 August 2009
The planned closure of the Cheltenham & Gloucester branch network, with the loss of 928 jobs, is being reviewed by its owner, Lloyds Banking Group.
The banking union Unite welcomed the news, but accused the bank of "poor management" after it announced in June that it would be closing all C&G branches.
"This news will bring some relief to the 900 staff who work in C&G branches up and down the UK," Unite said, but added: "The announcement comes with no warning, and will make the workforce wonder whether their bosses have any long-term strategy for the future of the bank. Unite find it wholly unacceptable that the LBG changes its mind on the future of their staff as fast as the summer weather in this country."
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Junior D...