Made up: Channel 4 and WPP end advertising stand-off
Channel 4 has ended a dispute with its biggest advertiser, WPP, that was costing the state-owned broadcaster up to £5m a week.
The sides agreed a new deal today, meaning that WPP's clients will start advertising again on C4's portfolio of channels.
WPP's media-buying arm, Group M, which spends upwards of £250m a year with C4, pulled all its ads from 1 January, after a previous two-year deal ran out.
Relations between C4 and Group M over the price of airtime broke down last month. While such negotiations are often tough, it is rare for a media agency to pull all its ads. In a joint statement, C4 and Group M said: "Negotiations are necessarily long and complex when two major media companies want to agree commercial terms in a complex and fast-moving environment." they said.
Group M's clients include Barclays and BSkyB.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...