M&B's Lovering to step down as chair
Monday 24 January 2011
John Lovering is set to call time on his year-long stint as chairman of the pubs group Mitchells & Butlers.
His departure is expected to be announced at M&B's annual meeting this week.
The retail sector veteran and former chairman of the high street chain Debenhams arrived at M&B following a boardroom shake-up instigated by Joe Lewis, the Bahamas-based currency trader who owns a 23 per cent stake in the company via his Piedmont investment vehicle.
Mr Lovering led the company through a strategic review which brought forth plans to reshape M&B into a food-led business. Over the last twelve months, Mr Lovering has also overseen the sale of more than 300 pubs as the group, which owns the Harvester, All Bar One and Toby Carvery chains, sought to reduce its debt burden.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
iJobs Money & Business
£23000 per annum + pension and 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ...
£27000 per annum + pension, 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ind...
£23000 - £26000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Corporate Actions Administrator / Operations Admini...