More trouble for Dreamliner
Thursday 15 August 2013
Boeing's new Dreamliner jet, which was grounded for four months after catching fire, faced further turbulence yesterday when problems emerged with the engine fire extinguishers.
ANA, the Japanese airline which operates the world's biggest fleet of the 787 jets, found an electrical wiring problem in the extinguishers on three Dreamliners.
The problem was discovered during pre-flight maintenance of a jet at Tokyo airport.
After ANA reported the fault, Japan Airlines turned back a 787 en route to Helsinki to check its wiring.
A parked Ethiopian Airlines Dreamliner burst into flames at Heathrow last month. The planes were grounded worldwide for four months in January after watchdogs warned batteries could cause them to catch fire.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Jennifer Lawrence: Leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by users
Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked next, threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 Per Annum Benefits + bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: If you are...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40000: SThree: As a Recruitment Consultant, y...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...