Nationwide recovery lifting Robert Walters recruitment agency
Wednesday 09 October 2013
Robert Walters is seeing the recovery in the UK move out beyond London and the south-east, the recruitment agency said yesterday.
While group fee income rose by 7 per cent in the three months to the end of September, UK fees were up 21 per cent at £15.8m.
This was driven by growth in regional cities such as Birmingham and Manchester as firms relocated or set up more outsourcing centres.
"We are also starting to see stronger trends in all areas of Europe," the founder and chief executive, Robert Walters, said.
"France, which is our biggest operation on the Continent, is going well. There is a good recovery across Benelux and even Spain is improving."
Europe fees increased by 8 per cent to £10.3m in the latest quarter.
Asia Pacific showed a 1 per cent fall in revenues at £23.7m, which was almost entirely down to the weakening of the yen.
Mr Walters said all countries in the region showed growth except Australia.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...