Networking tool Urturn raises £7m
Thursday 23 May 2013
A social networking tool used by celebrities including Snoop Dogg and One Direction yesterday announced it has raised $10.7m (£7.1m) from the backers of Betfair and Lovefilm.
Urturn, which launched in the UK in January, is a social network that allows users to edit and share video, pictures and music clips. It has proved popular with teenagers as well as the music industry.
The site was developed by Swiss brothers Stelio and Alexander Tzonis, who are based in East London's so-called Silicon Roundabout.
The company has raised $13.4m (£8.85m) from two companies, the venture capital firm Balderton (which has backed Betfair and Lovefilm), and the private equity arm of pharmaceutical firm Debiopharm Group.
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
iJobs Money & Business
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pricing Analyst with experienc...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£21000 - £24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged b...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...