Networking tool Urturn raises £7m
Thursday 23 May 2013
A social networking tool used by celebrities including Snoop Dogg and One Direction yesterday announced it has raised $10.7m (£7.1m) from the backers of Betfair and Lovefilm.
Urturn, which launched in the UK in January, is a social network that allows users to edit and share video, pictures and music clips. It has proved popular with teenagers as well as the music industry.
The site was developed by Swiss brothers Stelio and Alexander Tzonis, who are based in East London's so-called Silicon Roundabout.
The company has raised $13.4m (£8.85m) from two companies, the venture capital firm Balderton (which has backed Betfair and Lovefilm), and the private equity arm of pharmaceutical firm Debiopharm Group.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...