No bonuses for rail executives
Thursday 10 March 2011
Top managers at Network Rail will not be paid annual bonuses this year, the infrastructure group said last night after attracting criticism for making payouts last year.
The move, which affects nine Network Rail executives, comes after the company suspended its management incentive programme as it reviewed its bonus arrangements. The chair of Network Rail's remuneration committee, Steve Russell, said new plans for incentives from 2011-12 onwards will be published shortly.
"There remained only the question of the basis on which any 2010-11 annual bonus should be awarded," he said, adding that, in a joint decision, the committee and the executive directors had opted against making such payouts this year.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela dead: South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon dies at 95
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast of England as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...