Not just an app, a Marks & Spencer's app
Sunday 31 March 2013
Marks & Spencer customers will soon be able to pay for their shopping with their phones, as the retailer next month trials a mobile payment app in stores.
Menus will be introduced in select M&S coffee shops next month compatible with new app Paddle, which allows users to pay by scanning a code with the phone's camera. Customers will be able to choose and buy items from their table.
The trial is the product of M&S's Digital Lab, a division started in February to explore how the company can use new technologies. If the trial is successful, Paddle could be rolled out nationally. Kyle McGinn, head of the Digital Lab, said: "We like customers thinking Marks & Spencer are pushing innovation."
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...