NS&I cuts its rate on ISA
Tuesday 06 November 2012
More than 320,000 savers were dealt an expensive blow yesterday when Government-backed National Savings & Investments cut its Direct ISA interest rate by 10 per cent to 2.25 per cent.
The move, NS&I said, "reflected market trend to lower rates on similar products". Its ISAs are popular with savers because they are backed and guaranteed by the Treasury.
This year NS&I cut the interest rate on its biggest savings offering, the Direct Saver account, from 1.75 per cent to 1.5 per cent after customers rushed in amid fears of market turmoil.
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Oklahoma tornado: Children trapped in wreckage and at least 91 dead after massive storm rips through suburbs
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...