NS&I cuts its rate on ISA
Tuesday 06 November 2012
More than 320,000 savers were dealt an expensive blow yesterday when Government-backed National Savings & Investments cut its Direct ISA interest rate by 10 per cent to 2.25 per cent.
The move, NS&I said, "reflected market trend to lower rates on similar products". Its ISAs are popular with savers because they are backed and guaranteed by the Treasury.
This year NS&I cut the interest rate on its biggest savings offering, the Direct Saver account, from 1.75 per cent to 1.5 per cent after customers rushed in amid fears of market turmoil.
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Russell Brand accuses Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
Justin Bieber posts Instagram photo of a crying Orlando Bloom after Ibiza fight 'over Miranda Kerr'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
Air Algerie AH5017 crash: Jet fell 30,000 feet in three minutes ‘due to violent storm’
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Training Programme Manage...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider of web based m...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Secretary (Sales Team Support) - Mat...