Pilkington picks longevity swap
Tuesday 10 January 2012
The glass maker Pilkington has agreed a £0.8bn pension longevity
swap with Legal & General. It brings the total number of swaps
completed last year to five with a total value of liabilities
covered to £7bn.
Longevity swaps allow firms to offset the risk of their pensioners living longer than expected. The trend for big corporates to manage future financial risk with such deals is growing, with BMW and Rolls-Royce already completing £3bn deals.
James Mullins, of Pilkington adviser Hymans Robertson, said: "several large transactions are still in the pipeline."
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £700 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Investment Accounting Change...
£450 - £650 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£350 - £400 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Analyst, ALM Data, Halifax, ...
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Java developer - Banking - London - Up to £600/d...