Pilkington picks longevity swap
Tuesday 10 January 2012
The glass maker Pilkington has agreed a £0.8bn pension longevity
swap with Legal & General. It brings the total number of swaps
completed last year to five with a total value of liabilities
covered to £7bn.
Longevity swaps allow firms to offset the risk of their pensioners living longer than expected. The trend for big corporates to manage future financial risk with such deals is growing, with BMW and Rolls-Royce already completing £3bn deals.
James Mullins, of Pilkington adviser Hymans Robertson, said: "several large transactions are still in the pipeline."
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...