Plutheroe deal criticised by directors' chief
Wednesday 25 April 2012
The head of the Institute of Directors has cited the pay deal of John Plutheroe at Cable & Wireless as an example of all that is wrong in British business.
Mr Plutheroe was paid £10.2m when C&W split in two, but the Worldwide business collapsed in value and was sold to Vodafone earlier this week.
"If a company is run into the ground by incentive systems which discourage investment and bring a historic British business like C&WW to its knees, we should say so," said Simon Walker, calling for better behaviour by corporate Britain.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...