Rank not keen on betting on Guoco
Friday 27 May 2011
The bingo and casino operator Rank urged investors to reject a takeover bid from the investment group Guoco, which it said "substantially undervalued" the business and its prospects.
Rank cited its plans to double its G Casino brand to 30 sites by 2015. Rank, which runs Mecca and Grosvenor casinos, also said that it expects to receive at least £275m in VAT refunds over the next two to three years from the Government. Guoco has made a 150p approach for Rank, valuing the firm at £586m. Rank shares yesterday closed up 1.2p at 148.7p.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...