Reckitt outbids Bayer
Reckitt Benckiser has made a $1.4bn (£881m) bid to add a US vitamins company to its shelves – beating Germany's pharmaceuticals firm Bayer's agreed deal and potentially igniting a huge bidding war.
It is the first major deal for Reckitt's new chief executive Rakesh Kapoor, who took over from Bart Brecht last September Reckitt trumped Bayer's $1.2bn offer to buy Schiff Nutrition International with a cash deal at $42 a share – almost 24 per cent higher than the Bayer agreed to.
- 1 Reader dilemma: 'My boyfriend jokes about putting photos of us having sex on Facebook'
- 2 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 3 Ralkina Jones: 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 4 Kanye West praises Caitlyn Jenner on I Am Cait: 'You couldn't have been up against more'
- 5 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
Mystery over deaths of 3,000 Napoleonic soldiers in mass grave has been solved
Global Peace Index: Ukraine tops list of countries with the worst relations with neighbours
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, 71, still enjoys 'an early morning joint' for breakfast
Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing Insurance Bro...
£40 - 45k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Research Associate / Research Anal...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Finance Accountant - Fin...
£90000 - £98000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A truly exciting opportu...