Rise of smartphones boosts chip maker Imagination
Wednesday 20 June 2012
Imagination Technologies, the chip maker that iPad and iPhone users should thank for their snazzy graphics, saw revenues rocket 30 per cent in the year to May as its customers shipped 1 million smartphones, tablets and computers a day containing its devices.
Imagination's chief executive, Hossein Yassaie, said yesterday: "Our partners are using more of our IP in their devices as they combine graphics and video, and the volume of devices is dramatically increasing."
Adjusted pre-tax profits rose by 53 per cent to £36.8m in the year, on revenues up 30 per cent at £127.5m. Mr Yassaie said he was confident of maintaining that rapid growth.
"The markets we operate in are growing dramatically," he said. "Half a billion smartphones were shipped in 2011, and we expect that to be 1.5 billion a year by 2015."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£35000 - £55000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...