Rockhopper leaps after its oil find in Falklands removes doubt
Wednesday 14 December 2011
Shares in Rockhopper jumped by 11 per cent yesterday as a promising find helped the company looking for oil off the Falkland Islands to remove any lingering doubts among its sceptical shareholders.
Rockhopper, which is named after a penguin native to the Falklands, said drilling in the North Basin had found oil or gas in all four of its key fields.
Rockhopper had a shaky start when it began exploring the four fields, which are named Sea Lion, Casper, Casper South and Beverley, but prospects have improved.
Investors sent Rockhopper's shares up by 27.75p, or 11 per cent, to 268.5p as the company's latest find appeared to confirm its prospects.
Keith Morris, an analyst at Evolution, said: "We increase our target price to 540p per share from 450p on the positive well result."
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...