Rockhopper leaps after its oil find in Falklands removes doubt
Wednesday 14 December 2011
Shares in Rockhopper jumped by 11 per cent yesterday as a promising find helped the company looking for oil off the Falkland Islands to remove any lingering doubts among its sceptical shareholders.
Rockhopper, which is named after a penguin native to the Falklands, said drilling in the North Basin had found oil or gas in all four of its key fields.
Rockhopper had a shaky start when it began exploring the four fields, which are named Sea Lion, Casper, Casper South and Beverley, but prospects have improved.
Investors sent Rockhopper's shares up by 27.75p, or 11 per cent, to 268.5p as the company's latest find appeared to confirm its prospects.
Keith Morris, an analyst at Evolution, said: "We increase our target price to 540p per share from 450p on the positive well result."
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
iJobs Money & Business
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Market Research Executive...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Technical Report Writer is re...
Competitive salary & benefits!: MBDA UK Ltd: MBDA UK LTD Indirect Procurement...