Rok FD quits after clearing his name
Friday 01 October 2010
Rok, the building group, was yesterday forced to issue a humiliating apology to its suspended finance director of seven years , who has now quit after turning down the company's offer to reinstate him.
In August, Rok said it had suspended Ashley Martin over "serious failings" in financial controls at its plumbing, heating and electricals business, and unveiled its second profit warning in just three months.
But yesterday Rok said the shortfall in profits was actually related to a reduction in sub-contracting work at the division, as well as weak operational, commercial and financial controls. It has hired Sean Cummins, the finance director at Scott Wilson, to replace Mr Ashley.
Rok said it wanted, "to emphasise that Ashley has never been accused of wrongdoing nor have our investigations revealed any evidence of any malpractice". It said it would now meet City forecasts this year.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...