Shell fired up for Fram gas boost
Shell said that its Fram field in the North Sea would be up and running within three years and will provide 5 per cent of Britain's gas at peak production, after winning government approval for the project.
The FTSE 100 company, which shares ownership of the field with America's Exxon Mobil but is the sole operator, said it will be producing 35,000 barrels of oil and gas equivalent (boe) a day at its peak, about two thirds of which will be in gas. That will be about 2 per cent of Britain's combined oil and gas output.
The Fram field is located 220 kilometres east of Aberdeen and 50 kms west of the line separating the UK's North Sea from Norway's, in water that is approximately 100 metres deep.
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
iJobs Money & Business
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sale...
£25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A large financial services company...
£20400 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and highly reputable organisat...