The high life: Harrods moves even further up in the world
Sunday 03 May 2009
Mohamed al-Fayed, the Egyptian entrepreneur, is to take his Harrods brand even further upmarket when the store joins The Luxury Network later this month. For £50,000 a year, premium brands, including yachtmaker Sunseeker and alcohol group Moët Hennessy, become part of an elite group which swaps marketing ideas and business links.
The network has 57 members in the UK, although there are other groups in Dubai, Milan and Beverly Hills.
Kevin Rose, founding partner of The Luxury Network, said: "The recession has helped the network; being part of a group like this gives directors an opportunity to put together alliances behind closed doors, before they launch [marketing campaigns] to the public."
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Solvency II SME (Pilla...