Toyota teams up with Microsoft
Friday 08 April 2011
Microsoft and Toyota have agreed to join forces to develop internet-based services for the car manufacturer's customers around the world.
The deal will see the two companies invest around $12m in Toyota Media Service, which offers digital services to Toyota customers. Together, they plan to built a global network for the next generation of Toyota's digital services, encompassing everything from GPS systems to energy management, based on Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform by 2015.
Microsoft's chief executive Steve Ballmer said Windows Azure would "provide the enterprise-grade, scalable platform" that Toyota, which sells it vehicles in more than 170 countries, needs to deliver services in its cars around the world.
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
iJobs Money & Business
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sale...
£25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A large financial services company...
£20400 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and highly reputable organisat...