UK exports rise just £28m in fourth quarter
Monday 12 April 2010
The value of British exports rose just £28m year on year, or 0.05 per cent, in the final three months of 2009 despite "the competitiveness of sterling against other major currencies".
The number of UK companies exporting fell by 1,764, or 3.4 per cent, during the same period, according to research carried out by Close Brothers. The research showed the US remains the largest individual recipient of exports from the UK with £9.5bn in the fourth quarter, making up about 15.5 per cent of the total.
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Jennifer Lawrence face palms Emma Watson at Christian Dior show in Paris
Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2014: Briton critically injured in San Fermin festival
Elephant 'cries' while being rescued after 50 years of abuse in India
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
iJobs Money & Business
£250 - £295 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Financial Accountant - IFRS - Glouc...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited:...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: SThree, International Recruitme...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - 6 Months Fix...