Watchmaker Bremont eyes expansion and a move to UK
Monday 29 October 2012
Luxury watch brand Bremont, backed by Links of London founder John Ayton, has secured a finance package from HSBC to help it expand internationally to crack the £11bn luxury watch market.
It will target North America, the Far East and the Middle East with a finance package of more than £700,000 from the bank.
Bremont was set up by two former stockbrokers, Nick and Giles English, with backing from Ayton and sells men's watches for up to £12,000.
It will switch its manufacturing from Switzerland to Henley, Oxfordshire, by the end of the year. It currently employs four watchmakers in the UK, and this will grow to 12. Bremont sells online and through 30 UK retailers, as well as 40 in the US.
It opened a store in London's Mayfair during the summer, and retail sales will reach £12m for the current year.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...