PEMBROKE: Wedding suit
Friday 27 January 1995
"They were double-dealing and in this land I believe that is not regarded as ethical behavour," the Manchester businessman complained.
Now, like a jilted lover suing for the cost of an engagement ring, he is trying to get back money for the hefty bill for advice from Warburg, Arthur Andersen and Slaughter & May.
Shareholders should not raise their hopes for a lottery-style prize. In 1991 Pifco made a £3m claim against the auditors Price Waterhouse alleging negligence arising from the 1985 takeover of Salton, but received only £263,000 in an out-of-court settlement after paying £500,00 in legal fees.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...