People and Business: How to impress
Tuesday 02 February 1999
And if you've forgotten to bring a business card altogether, you will immediately be branded "unprofessional".
In contrast if you whisked a crisp card from a "solid silver card case", you will be accepted as "style conscious, professional and ambitious".
These findings come from a survey of 100 lawyers, bankers and directors carried out by a firm which is about to launch a luxury business card case "made from hallmarked sterling silver, hand enamelled and set with a 0.45 carat ruby".
Yours at pounds 395 a snip. The woman behind the Giavarra card case, Emmanuella Giavarra, is an international copyright lawyer. Her reason for launching the case is simple. "My husband gave me a card case and it was - uh - not good enough."
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...