People and Business: On the tiles
Thursday 28 January 1999
The recently floated group claims it is "the UK's largest specialist tile retailer" and operates a chain of warehouse-style tile stores.
Mr Jack survived the General Election massacre and is still Member of Parliament for Fylde in Lancashire, a seat he first took in 1987.
Before he entered politics Mr Jack started his business with Proctor & Gamble, which might prove of some use in his new role as a non-exec at Topps Tiles.
He may not be so keen to quote his subsequent experience working at Marks & Spencer, not the current retailing flavour of the month at all.
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + bonus & benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Business Syste...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...