Personal |Finance: Understand ISAs
Sunday 10 January 1999
Woolwich also has a useful guide, available from branches or call 0345 626362.
Birmingham Midshires has a range of new equity-linked investments. Its limited issue Fifty/Fifty Bond combines a one-year savings account paying 8.20 per cent gross on half the investment with the chance to earn up to 60 per cent gross on the rest of the money. This will depend on the growth of the FT-SE 100 index over the next five years. The minimum investment is pounds 2,500.
The equity-linked Tax-Exempt Special Savings Account pays a maturity bonus after five years, based on FT-SE 100 growth. The minimum return after five years will be 10 per cent gross and the maximum 50 per cent. Details of both investments are available on 0800 0562299.
Mortgage broker John Charcol is selling a capped mortgage charging 5.89 per cent until March 2001.
After the special offer ends borrowers will be offered another mortgage from the building society lender, without the need to stay on standard rates. There is an arrangement fee of pounds 300. Call 0800 718191 for more details.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...