pounds 152m payout plan by Reckitt & Colman
The return of funds was welcomed by the market which pushed Reckitt's shares 13p higher to 726p as analysts anticipated enhanced earnings per share. Shareholders will receive 35.65p per share in return for the consolidation of every 20 shares they currently own into 19 new shares.
The proposals are unaffected by the Chancellor, Ken Clarke's, recent clampdown on special dividends and buy-backs because the payout is to be made in the form of a foreign income dividend (FID) which is paid gross and does not attract advanced corporation tax. Because Reckitt earns more than 90 per cent of its profits overseas it also plans to pay part of future ordinary dividends in the form of Fids.The payback reflects strong cash flow.
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Solvency II SME (Pilla...