Wednesday 24 May 1995
The House of Lords will announce later today whether it will give the go-ahead to an application by Peel Holdings, owner of Manchester Ship Canal, to build a 1m sq ft shopping centre near Manchester. The Law Lords' decision follows a series of appeals and is seen as a landmark in the battle between developers and environmentalists fighting the explosion of out-of-town shopping centres. Peel's shares have risen 15 per cent in the past month ahead of the decision.
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are a vibrant and establishe...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced Repayments Advis...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of financ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you looking to take your ...