Small businesses less confident
Friday 01 December 1995
Small business confidence has slumped to its lowest level since sterling's withdrawal from the European exchange rate mechanism, according to 3i, the UK's biggest venture capital group.
The latest quarterly survey by its Enterprise Barometer, covering over 400 client companies, shows that most respondents remain confident about their own prospects, but optimism concerning the general climate has slipped for the fourth quarter in a row.
The index now stands at a positive balance of 17, against 45 in the previous three months.
Results, page 26
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 3 Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
Jennifer Lawrence face palms Emma Watson at Christian Dior show in Paris
Mick Jagger denies being World Cup curse and reason for Brazil’s embarrassing defeat
Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A Global Financial Service Organ...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Linux Systems Administrator - UNI...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Systems Administrator - Orac...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Linux Systems Administrator - (Su...