Wolves launches bid for Morland
Saturday 10 July 1999
Wolverhampton is offering 256p in cash and 0.4238 new shares, valuing each Morland share at 512 p. The offer is at a 12 per cent premium to Greene King's agreed pounds 145m cash and stock offer, which values each Morland share at 445p.
Wolverhampton said it would close Morland's brewery in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, and transfer production to its own breweries at Wolverhampton and Burton- on-Trent. Greene King also plans to close the country's second oldest brewery with the loss of 100 jobs and take production to Bury St Edmunds.
Wolverhampton plans to seek a recommendation from Morland's board and has received acceptances from shareholders with 21.97 per cent of Morland shares. Morland was not available for comment. Greene King's board was meeting to discuss the offer yesterday. It made an abortive bid for Morland seven years ago.
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
How China's richest man Li Hejun lost $15bn in an hour - and made a fortune
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...