Statement by Mr Hodson's legal representatives
Monday 01 February 2010
Mr Hodson's representatives have stated that:
1) Mr Hodson should not be singled out in criticisms of the system which allowed the neglect and abuse suffered by the Doncaster brothers to 'fester'. The Executive Summary of Doncaster's Safeguarding Children Board's Serious Case Review specifically criticises the failure of the Council to take action in relation to the brothers in the 'several months' leading to the attack in 2009 - Mr Hodson left the Council in 2007.
2) Mr Hodson was recruited by Doncaster Council in 2005 specifically to effect strategic changes to the structure of the Council, as part of the implementation of an 'innovative change' in structure put in place by the management of the Council at the time.
3) Whilst Mr Hodson can correctly be described as 'not a social worker, it is not fair to say that he lacked the necessary experience for his specific role - namely strategy implementation - at the Council.'
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Ukraine crisis: Putin will cut gas to Europe unless Russia is paid by the end of the week
Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we now know about man named as Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...