Statement by Mr Hodson's legal representatives
Monday 01 February 2010
Mr Hodson's representatives have stated that:
1) Mr Hodson should not be singled out in criticisms of the system which allowed the neglect and abuse suffered by the Doncaster brothers to 'fester'. The Executive Summary of Doncaster's Safeguarding Children Board's Serious Case Review specifically criticises the failure of the Council to take action in relation to the brothers in the 'several months' leading to the attack in 2009 - Mr Hodson left the Council in 2007.
2) Mr Hodson was recruited by Doncaster Council in 2005 specifically to effect strategic changes to the structure of the Council, as part of the implementation of an 'innovative change' in structure put in place by the management of the Council at the time.
3) Whilst Mr Hodson can correctly be described as 'not a social worker, it is not fair to say that he lacked the necessary experience for his specific role - namely strategy implementation - at the Council.'
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show
£13676.46 - £16411.61 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment Cons...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Business and Marketing Gr...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...