Statement by Mr Hodson's legal representatives
Monday 01 February 2010
Mr Hodson's representatives have stated that:
1) Mr Hodson should not be singled out in criticisms of the system which allowed the neglect and abuse suffered by the Doncaster brothers to 'fester'. The Executive Summary of Doncaster's Safeguarding Children Board's Serious Case Review specifically criticises the failure of the Council to take action in relation to the brothers in the 'several months' leading to the attack in 2009 - Mr Hodson left the Council in 2007.
2) Mr Hodson was recruited by Doncaster Council in 2005 specifically to effect strategic changes to the structure of the Council, as part of the implementation of an 'innovative change' in structure put in place by the management of the Council at the time.
3) Whilst Mr Hodson can correctly be described as 'not a social worker, it is not fair to say that he lacked the necessary experience for his specific role - namely strategy implementation - at the Council.'
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Ian Thorpe gay: Olympic swimmer comes out in Parkinson interview
Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
Israel-Gaza conflict: Israeli air strike destroys home for the disabled killing two women residents
Israel-Gaza conflict: Israeli PM says conflict may 'continue for a long time' as hundreds of Palestinians flee their homes
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Web Developer ...
£50000 - £67000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# R&D .NE...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...