Teachers in strike threat
Tuesday 12 April 2011
The 150,000-strong Association of Teachers and Lecturers is planning a series of strikes this summer in protest at plans to cut pensions.
The union will debate a motion calling for strike action at its annual conference in Liverpool next Tuesday. If passed, it may conduct a ballot over strike action.
Teachers are incensed at plans which would see their pension contributions rise by an average of about £100 a month.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Sheffield: Year 5 Teacher RequiredThis temporar...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Hull: Deputy Education ManagerLocation: HMP Lin...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Randstad Education are curren...